This weekend we went home for an exciting event. After 30 years of membership and service my father is Commodore of the Houston Yacht Club this year. This weekend was the Commodore's Ball to honor his term. Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures because I left my battery charger at my BIL's house and have no juice for the camera. The ball was gorgeous. My mom did an amazing job ordering the flowers and picking the decorations and band. At my father's request, they decorated the tables with all the trophies the club owned/won over the years and surrounded them with red, white, and blue flowers. All the chairs had white covers with either red or blue tulle ties on them. We, and I think everyone there, had a wonderful time. It was formal event but had a nice relaxed atmosphere. My father gave a great speech and had all the woman tearing up when he spoke about my mother.
I love you daddy, you deserve it!!!!!!!
2 comments:
Kewl!! Congratulations to the "other Grandpa"!!
Awesome! I am glad you all had a great time. Sorry about missing out on the pics, I would have loved to see them.
Post a Comment